In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Altitude shouldn't be a problem, terrain can get somewhat steep sometimes, and it should be fairly easy to get to. If you have any comments on how i could improve the description on how to get to the cache, please post them on the cache page and i will change it asap. This cache should be very easy to find, it was meant to be easy to find, so just have a fun time walking the island!! A note to seekers: there are no cars or bikes allowed on the island, only foot travel.
The cache itself is located on a somewhat secluded island, located off the northeast coast of Washington Island, in beautiful Door County. It requires some hiking, but is well worth it for the sites that you can see while exploring the island. The container is an ammo box that is green with some yellow lettering on it. Also, a little memo here: Please make sure to sign the log book, add the date that you found the cache, and then post a report on how the cache was. We would appreciate it greatly!!!
- Start at the boathouse and head North up the trail towards the lighthouse. If you pass by a couple small buildings you are doing good.
- Turn right at the sign that says "Lighthouse." Follow that trail.
- If you pass the Garden Gate you are going the right way, in other words, once you get onto the trail, go straight.
- Don't turn right on "Fernwood Trail."
- Keep walking on the trail.
- Cross the field to the Lighthouse if you want to take a tour of an interesting landmark, otherwise, keep going straight on the trail near where you came out of into the field.
- Make sure that you are on the "East Area" trail
- Continue walking on this trail until you come up on the coordinates listed above.
- Look for the cache!! GOOOOOD LUCK!!
(No hints available.)
- bright sunsetThis is one of the beautiful sunsets that you can see most evenings on Rock Island!
Last Updated: on 10/2/2013 7:28:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time (2:28 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum