Well Rounded Colorado Cacher (Fizzy Challenge)
In Colorado, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The cache is at the posted coordinates.
There are specific requirements that must be completed before you may log this cache. Make sure you read the page carefully as it contains important information pertaining to the finding and logging of this cache. The requirements are different than those required for the original Fizzy Challenge, GC11E8N.
The cache is hanging from a tree on the Westridge Trail. GC11E8N – Well Rounded Cacher (The Fizzy Challenge), the original Fizzy Challenge cache, was placed in California by Kealia to honor the cacher FizzyMagic, who has given much to the “local caching community” better know as the San Francisco Bay area. Challenge caches are one of my favorites types of caches – we’ve done a few and always found them to be worthwhile ventures. This one was placed with the permission and assistance of Kealia. My thanks to him for his help and suggestions, not to mention the original concept; and my thanks to the local reviewers who were also most helpful.
To be able to log a find for this cache, you will need to first find at least one cache of every difficulty/terrain combination - 81 different combinations . Included in those finds must be at least one of each of the following cache types:-- EarthCache, Event Cache, Traditional Cache, Cito, Unknown, Letterbox Hybrid, Virtual, Multi Cache, and one of these three: Webcam Cache OR Wherigo OR Lab Cache. The different cache types do count towards the 81, so if you find a 2.5/2.5 multi-cache, it fulfills both the cache type and D/T requirement. MEGA events, APE caches and Locationless caches are specifically excluded and cannot be used to fulfill a needed D/T combination. An Important Note: You may use caches from any geographic location to meet the requirements.
- Caches used to satisfy the requirements for this cache may come from any state.
- Your own hides will not apply towards the goal.
- No rating changes of existing caches will be accepted as counting towards the goal.
- Generally accepted Geocaching.com rules, guidelines and conditions for logging a cache find will apply.
- The caches must be listed on Geocaching.com only, and you must have personally (physically) found and logged each cache.
- Logging finds on caches you own will not be allowed.
- Qualifying caches must be published before January 1, 2011
- You may have others with you when you log the final, but only those who have fulfilled ALL criteria for this cache will be allowed to log it as a find.
- Finds without appropriate back-up (see below) will be deleted.
- This cache will not count as a 5/5 D/T. You must find another one before this one.
- When in doubt ask -- we can discuss it or even seek guidance from others, but the final decision rests with the cache owner.
To get (and keep!) credit for this find:
- Although not required, FizzyMagic's FindStats program can be helpful. (A download is required to use this program.) This is especially useful for gpx files generated by pocket queries, such as from bookmarked cache lists. FYI, as I played with this program, I found that files generated by GSAK did not work.
- Other pocket queries or gpx files generated by GSAK cannot be used here.
- For GSAK users, try this macro. Although I haven't yet played with it, it appears that a GSAK database containing all of your finds could be used here. The use of GSAK and this macro is not required for this cache. Thanks to Allanon for the suggestion.
- You are more than welcome to post notes and/or pictures of your progress here as you work towards the final.
To quote Kealia: "This should be fun and I'm counting on the honor system for sticking to the rules. . . . I will spot check the finds, but don't want to have to be the cache police and check every find. Please "play" fair and have a good time!"
- When you have found all of the required combinations, post a note to this cache page and include each of the caches that qualify with their D/T rating showing all the caches that meet the requirements.
- For nine of the caches on your list, include what type (i.e., Traditional, Virtual, EarthCache) of cache it is. Make sure each of the nine required cache types are included.
- After you have posted your note with the list, please find and log the final.
Here is a helpful link http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com
Svany vf n zvpeb unatvat va n gerr
Last Updated: on 8/23/2015 3:41:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time (10:41 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum