AQUATIC CENTER MICRO
In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The first settlers entered Rock Run from the river and camped near the site of the former electric plant in the early 1850s. Jones Park was first known as Cobb Hill and was a cemetery in pioneer times. One of the first children to die in Iowa Falls, the young of Samuel White, was burried there in 1853. In 1911, pioneer L.E. Jones left this beautiful tract of timber adjoining Rock Run. In the early years it was a popular tourist camp and in 1934, the first municipal swimming pool was built, replaced by the an olympic sized pool in 1957. The run was first spanned by an arched stone bridge in 1865. The present Rainbow Bridge was built in 1935 to connect Washington Ave and Jones Park.
The aged swimming pool was replaced last year by a new pool and water park. The Meyer Aquatic Center features water slides, diving boards, a children's play area, lap swimming and a zero-depth entry.
Last Updated: on 8/11/2014 9:01:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time (4:01 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum