St Luke - Hodnet
This cache is one of a series set at or near churches in the lovely surroundings of the Shropshire countryside.
We’d like to thank The Washers for conceiving the idea, initiating the series and inviting other cachers to add to it.
St Luke's is in the historic village of Hodnet, which derives from Old Welsh and means "pleasant valley" and is a rare example of a pre-English name in Shropshire. The Domesday Book records the presence of both a church and priest here.
The church stands at the entrance to the well known Hodnet Hall Gardens. The tower is the only hexagonal church tower in Shropshire and is very unusual. Bishop Heber was rector here from 1807-23 and was the author of several well know hymns. He left Hodnet to become Bishop Of Calcutta and died there three years later.
Collect the clues from the first page of the logbooks to find the Bonus cache at Chapel of the Epiphany - Peplow. You can find the base level caches in any order. The caches in this series are:
Hall Of Fame
|First to Find:
||Izzy and the Lizard King
|Second to Find:
|Third to Find: