In Oregon, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This is a Challenge Cache based on one of the first things we teach our kids, the ABCs. Our daughter started her quest of knowledge with the letter “O”; throughout our lives we embroider them on Samplers, we eat them in soup, cereal and macaroni, we use them to enumerate higher education, learn music and convey information.
Here is your chance to meld the ABCs with geocaching-- a challenge cache to work on. To claim this cache, you need to find and log 26 other caches, one for each letter of the alphabet. All caches must be found in Oregon AFTER the publish date of this cache. Here’s the process that you will have to follow to complete this Challenge:
1. Create a public bookmark called “ABC Challenge" :
• Include this cache in your bookmark; since you haven’t found it yet, it doesn’t count – you will need another “A” cache
• Keep this bookmark public for a minimum of 3 months after completing the challenge
• Include one Oregon state cache you have found for each letter of the alphabet
• In the cache bookmark comments, include the date you found the cache. Caches found before the publish date of this cache do not qualify for this Challenge.
2. Successfully find and log caches (events are not valid for this challenge) the names of which begin with each letter of the alphabet. (26 caches) Examples:
The Cat’s Meow = T
Whiskers of the Cat = W
Marmalade Cat = M
“King of the Cats” = K
1 More Black Cat = Won’t count for this challenge cache!
One More Black Cat = O
A look at your alphabetized bookmark list will indicate whether or not you have each letter.
3. Once you complete your list, post a note to this cache page for final approval. We will verify your cache list and post a note with authorization to go for the final cache. Please do not log a find for this cache until you have received the authorization.
4. The posted coordinates are not correct. They will get you to the closest parking area to the actual cache. See the additional Waypoints for the final cache location.
5. This cache has been given this particular difficulty ranking because we have no idea which caches you may choose to do for this challenge, it will take some time to complete, and some planning as well.
We hope you enjoy this twist to our mutual hobby/passion/obsession.
There is a FTF pin in the cache waiting for the first cachers to complete this challenge. Also, bring your own writing stick.
Addendum Aug 3, 2014: Please DO NOT attempt to remove the cache container from its location. Just pull gently on the right ride of it to open and get the log. Thanks!
Sebz gur cnexvat pbbeqvangrf, jnyx abegu gb gur cvpavp gnoyr, naq gura sbyybj gur cngu gb gur yrsg. Ghea yrsg ba gur cngu @ G-15. Gur svany ybpngvba vf jvguva fvgr bs ubyr #14.
Last Updated: on 11/28/2014 5:21:42 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (1:21 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum