Texas Alphabet Cities Challenge
In Texas, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This cache *is* at the posted coordinates, however, you must complete the logging requirements prior to logging a "Find". This is not a virtual cache. You must sign the logbook.
You must find 26 caches in the state of Texas, one for each letter of the alphabet to complete this challenge. Details below....
There are some pretty fun and interesting city names in Texas and this little caching challenge may help you get to know them a little better.
There may be a GSAK macro that will help you with this but I was not able to find one. It may be a manual process for you.
1) Find a cache in a city starting with each letter of the alphabet within the state of Texas. For the letter X find a city with the letter that contains the letter in the name, like Axtell for instance.
2) Your own hides do not count. Sorry. It has has to be finds.
3) Post your list in your online log on this cache page and use this format:
Letter - City - Waypoint ID - Cache Name - Date Found
A - Arlington - GCD6C4 - Game #1 - 8/07/2007
B - Balch Springs - GC11RX0 - TO's Cache - 2/05/2008
C - Canton - GCH2GN - Park Cache - 12/21/2004
D - Denton - GCYGG6 - Denton Cemetery - 11/21/2006
4) These do not have to be incorporated "cities", but any cities, towns, or locales may count. There are many lists of all the places in Texas, if in doubt we can talk about if a place counts as a "city" or not. Email me with questions rather than posting questions as notes.
5) Past finds *are* eligible!
6) It is ok if the cache you found is now archived.
7) Zacha Junction is not a town and is not allowed. Sorry. Previous finders that used that town did so without my permission.
Zabcikville, Zapata, and Zavalla are acceptable entries.
Feel free to post a note about your progress. I'm sure others would like to see how they stack up.
hc ntnvafg gur srapr
Last Updated: on 6/28/2015 9:06:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time (4:06 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum