Postmarked | "Truthiness"
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
CACHE IS LOCATED AT N44°10.BDC W88°09.AFE
Truthiness is a term used satirically by comedian Stephen Colbert to describe something that a person believes to be true by gut-feeling, without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts. For war corespondents, there has to be a certain degree of truthiness involved when reporting the experience of war. The challenge for any journalist is to check their truthiness at the door and report only the truth of an event and not the emotional experience which is often not a complete picture.
The USPS released a set of Stamps in 2007 titled American Journalists. Your job is to answer 10 True and False questions about these journalists. Assign the letters A-F to the ones that are true.
TRUE or FALSE
1. Native born John attended Harvard and did his graduate studies at Oxford
2. The police officer who fired the fatal round at Ruben was tried and convicted of premeditated murder.
3. Ruben was shot in the head at short range with a tear gas projectile while seated in The Silver Dollar Cafe
4. Martha was the first journalist to report from Auschwitz concentration camp after it was liberated.
5. George was shot at point-blank range in the back of the head with his hands and feet tied.
6. Eric once appeared in an episode of Cheers as himself.
7. A communist journalist with ties to the communist army in Greece was tried and convicted of George's death.
8. John wrote an article about the dullness of grammar school readers which was the inspiration for "The Cat in the Hat"
9. Martha was an atheist and viewed the Anglican religion as a "horrible, cannibalistic voodoo of the ugliest sort."
10. Eric died of stomach cancer in 1992 and Dan Rather gave a eulogy at his funeral.
My postal worker buddy was temping as Postmaster in the town of Hilbert for a few months and I decided to pay him visit. Good thing I did too, it seemed that everything Bill touched during his stint, went to pot. Between the safe jamming and the power outages, I think he had more excitement in this quaint little town then he ever dreamed possible.
So I pulled him from the counter and we bummed around town looking for some nice spots for caches. He had this particular spot in mind which is funny since the one time I did pass this way, i thought the same thing. As will all Postmarked caches, it's not enough to just place a container and call it a cache, you've got to learn a thing or two.
Permission granted by adjacent property owners to place this cache even though they don't believe it to be on their property.
UPDATE: 10.9.08 CACHE LISTING UPDATED TO REFLECT COORDINATE CHANGE
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 6/1/2015 3:40:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time (10:40 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum