High in Nevada Challenge
This bookmark list contains the highest 100 physical caches in Nevada. That is, caches of these types: , , and . Each cache is augmented with an elevation. The elevations come from the USGS 1/3 arc-second NED and should be reasonably accurate. For the purposes of this challenge, they should be considered official.
This is a dynamic list. If a new cache is placed at an elevation higher than the lowest cache on the list, it will be added to the list and the lowest cache will be dropped. If a cache on the list is archived, it will be dropped and the next highest cache will enter the list at the bottom.
- Log a find on a subset of the highest 100 caches such that the sum of the elevation for those caches is at least 400,000 feet.
- If a cache is dropped from the list due to archival or lack of elevation, you can no longer count its elevation.
- Find this final cache after completing the challenge with a current list. Of course, any subsequent changes to the list will have no effect on your accomplishment.
- Any find of this cache will be deleted if the challenge has not been successfully completed.
- Only a single find per cache will be counted.
- A find of a cache that you own will not count.
- One final rule applies only to those of you who own caches in the top 100. Owners of these caches have a shorter list of candidate caches. To compensate for this, extra caches have been provided at the end of the list. For each of the top 100 caches owned, substitute the next highest cache (also not owned by you) from these extra caches.
Keep in mind that caches near the bottom of the list are likely to drop off over time as new, higher caches are hidden. Therefore, higher caches in the list are inherently more valuable not only because they count more toward the total elevation requirement, but also because they are more likely to stay on the list as you work toward completion.
After completing the challenge, the final cache can be found at the listed coordinates. The listed difficulty and terrain ratings are for the final cache. The difficulty in completing the challenge is entirely up to you.
Highest Cachers in Nevada (as of 2014-04-06):
||A & J - Adrift