First things first, please be aware that the cache IS at the posted coordinates, BUT, you must read and follow all of the requirements to log this cache!
Failure to follow the listed rules WILL result in your log being deleted.
Located in West Virginia Botanic Garden.
In order to log this cache as a find, you must first find and log a cache that has been hidden by another cacher whose official cache name begins with each of the 36 alphanumeric characters. The characters are A through Z and 0 through 9. Only the first character of the cacher's name counts.
1.Special characters at the beginning of a cachers name do not count. Special characters are ignored and the first A-Z or 0-9 after the special character can be used.
2.Caching name is determined by the cachers registered Geocaching.com name on their profile page. This is the page that comes up AFTER you click on the cache owner link on the top of the cache page. Group names, associations, or event committees do not count UNLESS they are an official registered Geocaching.com account.
1. All previous cache finds count - you do NOT start your count from the beginning.
2. All types of caches qualify as long as the cache owner's name qualifies.
3. All qualifying cacher names must have been activated prior to the publication of this cache. This can be confirmed from the cacher's "Member Since" date on their profile page. This rule may be relaxed upon proof that a false account was not created to meet a specific character requirement.
4. Your finds can be in any state or country.
5. These must be caches listed on Geocaching.com that you have personally (physically) found and logged. (General rules, guidelines and conditions, as stated by Geocaching.com, for logging a cache find apply.)
6. No logging finds on caches you own will be allowed.
7. If you have others with you when you find the final cache, only those who have fulfilled ALL criteria for this cache will be allowed to log it as a find.
8. Finds without the proper verification/documentation WILL be deleted.
Remember, please follow these rules to maintain a level playing field for everyone.
Keep in mind we are primarily operating on the honor system here. Help keep it honest.
How do you track your caches? There are three options:
You must POST A LINK or SCREENSHOT of your 36 QUALIFYING CACHES on this page to log a FIND!
1. Create a bookmark list.
2. Create a list on your profile page.
3. Upload a picture, (screen capture), of a Word or Excel document showing your finds.
The final cache location is actually a difficulty/terrain rating of 2/2.5. The 5 for the difficulty rating is based on the difficulty of qualifying to log this cache.
And now for the fun!!!
Please post notes with any updates/links/photos or general progress at will!
And don't forget to put a WATCH on this listing to keep track of everyone's progress!