The Shape of Things
In Texas, United States
How Geocaching Works
- This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache.
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The cache is not at the above location, but you'll need that point to find it!
To find this cache, follow these three easy steps:
1) Imagine a figure centered on the location above with the following characteristics:
· The figure is a closed shape (i.e., it has a perimeter and an area).
· The figure can be drawn on paper without lifting your pencil or backtracking.
· The figure is made up of fewer than 9 lines.
· An important aspect of this figure is 0.8 x 0.5 (miles), but the shape is not a rectangle.
· The figure is symmetrical about more than one axis.
2) Now, orient the shape such that no two points on the perimeter are farther apart than those along a straight east-west line passing through the point above.
3) Finally, imagine a straight line that passes through the oriented figure's northernmost point and divides the area of the shape into two equal portions. The cache is placed where that line intersects the southern perimeter of the shape. Please use stealth as you are searching to avoid upsetting any nearby muggles or drawing undue attention to ground zero. Also, please reseal the cache container snugly to keep it dry.
You can check your answers for this puzzle on Geochecker.com.
Gur pbeerpg svther pna or qenja hfvat na bqq ahzore bs yvarf.
Vg'f n pbzzba-rabhtu svther sbe pnpuref, naq vg vfa'g n urcgntba.
Gurer vf zvfyrnqvat vasbezngvba nobir (gubhtu fgvyy gehr). Pbafvqre Bppnz'f enmbe, naq fgneg jvgu gur irel fvzcyrfg fbyhgvba. Vs lbh'er fghpx, purpx lbhe nffhzcgvbaf, cnegvphyneyl nf eryngrq gb gur zrnavat bs gur ahzrevpny qngn va fgrc bar.
Last Updated: on 9/28/2014 10:44:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time (5:44 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum