Woodbury County Alphabet Soup
In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Woodbury County Alphabet Soup Rules : Woodbury County Caches only are eligible.
I ran across some other ‘Alphabet Soup Challenge’ caches and thought, “Woodbury County needs one of these.” So here it is! Cache is NOT at the listed coordinates above so you must use a projection of 193 degrees for 622 feet from this point, but you cannot log a find until you complete the logging requirements below. Please feel free to find the cache and sign the log whenever it is convenient for you. Post a note if you can't meet the logging requirement. A 'Found it' log may be posted later when you have completed the cache. All 'Found It' logs not meeting the logging requirements will be deleted.
1. You must find (or have found) caches in Woodbury County which have cache titles that begin with each of the letters of the alphabet. You must have found one cache that begins with 'A' such as "At Home" one that begins with 'B' such as "Battown Cemetery" and so on.
2. You must create & share a list of the 26 physical caches (no events) you've found to complete item #1. A shared bookmark list linked to this cache is an excellent way to do this (if you are a premium member). Otherwise a list in your “Found It” log formatted as follows will also work.
You could also post a screen shot of a .gpx file if you wish. Whatever, as long as the list of 26 caches is there!
- A-Cache Name-GCXXXX-Date Found
- B-Cache Name-GCXXXX-Date Found
- C-Cache Name-GCXXXX-Date Found
- D-Cache Name-GCXXXX-Date Found
3. Find this cache (duh)!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What if a cache name starts with "A" or "The"?
A. Then the cache counts as the letter "A" or "T".
Q. What if it begins with a number like '1'?
A. Then it does not count because numbers and symbols are not letters.
Q. Do they have to be new finds, found after the hidden on date of this cache?
A. No, they can be old finds found before this cache was published. They can even be caches that are now archived as long as they were active at the time they were found.
Q. What if the cache coordinates for a Multi-cache or a Mystery are listed in Woodbury County but the final point is not in Woodbury County?
A. If the listed coordinates are in Woodbury County then the cache is considered to be a Woodbury County cache. However if the listed coordinates are in another County, the cache will not count regardless of where the final point is.
Q. Can I claim a find on a cache that I own?
A. No, you cannot claim a find on a cache owned by you or a cache hidden under an account name that you own.
Q. Does this cache count as a find for the letter "W"?
A. No, sorry but you cannot claim a find on this cache until you have completed the other 26 required finds.
Let’s have some fun!
Ornz Zr Hc Fpbggvr
Last Updated: on 6/7/2013 4:24:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time (11:24 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum