Birdin' loves these quirky sights...World's Largest Ball of Twine, I don't care how far off our route it's located, we're going to check it out. Many of our favorite caches revolve around amazing folk art sites open to the public and scattered across the Badger State...the concrete sculptures of Prairie Moon or Phillips Concrete Park...the Guinness World Record Book largest scrap metal sculpture of Dr. Evermore. Places like this beg for a stopover and maybe even lunch, taking time from the numbers runs to appreciate the unique, quirky or just plain big.
If, like Birdin', you appreciate the quirky when you see it, include some of these bookmarked caches in your travels.
Since this is a challenge, you'll have to meet it by looking for some Wisconsin weirdness first. There are currently 40 caches that feature a bit of Wisconsin's weirdest. If you own such a cache yourself, that will count. There are places all over the state crying for such a cache. Here's the rules....
1) Create a public bookmark or include in your cache log the dates and names of your qualifying finds.
2) Since there are 40 possibilities, you will have your choice of 20 wonderfully quirky places to visit throughout the state to qualify for this challenge.
3) Archived caches that meet the stated criteria can be added to the list and used to qualify, provided you found them prior to archiving and provided they are added to our master bookmark list.
4) If you have found an archived cache at an attraction where an active cache now exists, you can only use one or the other for that attraction. This challenge is supposed to be about discoveries, and using two caches for one attraction doesn't really help advance that idea.
5) As with any challenge cache, this cache does not count as one of the 20 required caches, but is your reward for seeking out the weird around the Badger State.
Any logs by finders who clearly don't qualify for this challenge, or logs by those who do not submit the proper verifying information will be deleted within one week.
That's about it.
The location of the cache is on the grounds of FAST Corporation, just outside Sparta. Many of the oddities you have visited were likely fabricated here. You are free to wander the grounds and enjoy the sculptures, but do not touch or climb on any of them. Use caution with children, as there are damaged molds and sculptures weirdly scattered all over the place. As your mother said, "Look and enjoy, but don't touch!"
The hide itself is a difficulty 1. The cache rating reflects the fact you need to travel a bit to meet this challenge. Slow down, stop and gawk and most of all, have fun!
This is private property, so please search during daylight hours only. Permission for placement of this cache given by Darren Schauf of FAST Corporation.