This cache is a chance to revisit your chemistry class that you took in high school. Some might have even taken one in college. This is a fairly straight forward cache. You will need to find 118 different caches before you can log a find on this one. Each one of the caches has to be named for each of the 118 different elements.
Here are some rules to help you through your journey.
- Each cache can only be used for one element. If the name of the cache is Silver and Gold, you will have to choose which element to use.
- The element most be a whole word, not part of a word. For example "Sitting on a Log" can not be used for the element Tin, but "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" can be used.
- Plural use of an element name does not count towards this challenge.
- Possessive use an element name does count towards this challenge.
- To clarify, only the full element name counts. If the atomic symbol is used in a cache title, it can NOT be used for this challenge unless it also contains a full name. Example: Au / FeS2 cannot be used for this challenge.
- All previous finds do count for this challenge, you do not need to start from zero.
- Caches that you own that qualify do count for this challenge.
- You can only use 10% of the elements in this regard.
- Caches can be located anywhere in the world, there are no proximity restrictions.
- All cache types, past and present, can be used for this challenge.
- Once you have found all 118 caches create a bookmark, make a list and post it to the cache page, email the Challenge Owner or for style points create your own Periodic Table. For the lists include GC#, Cache Name and Date Found.
- If you found ununquadium or ununhexium before December 6, 2011, then you can use that cache. Otherwise, you will need to find a flerovium or livermorium cache.
- If you have any further questions post a note to the cache page or email the Challenge Owner and I will make a note of it for others.
I found this song and just had to share.
Good luck on your journey for all of the different elements.
Congratulations to the finders of this Challenge:
- FTF: Sparkyfry & Ms Sunshine
- STF: VikingNav & Catzilla
- 3TF: hoffer15 & lkvlemnguy