Troop 772 – Trail to Eagle – Eagle is the seventh and last of a series of Geocaches designed to teach players a little bit about the trail to Eagle, the highest rank in Boy Scouts.
This is a Puzzle Geocache.
The Nature Center is only open 9am-5pm on Monday to Saturday.
The published coordinates are for a micro-cache with a clue to the puzzle.
The micro-cache in available when the park is open.
Use your collected hints from the prior 6 Geocaches to decode the coordinates.
Follow all Park Property Instructions!
Review the Outdoor Code!
Stay on the Brick Path when instructed,
so all may continue to enjoy this Geocache
Along the way you will earn colored beads and a lanyard (First Class) to proudly display your finds. As you progress through the ranks, you may need to refer to these beads, Rank Advancement Requirements, the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout Motto, Scout Slogan, Outdoor Code, and a few important Merit Badges (Hiking, Geocaching, First Aid, Orienteering, and Wilderness Survival).
Each rank will require a bit more skill and will present some new challenges. You will also find clues to help you achieve (find) subsequent ranks. So, it is recommended, but not mandatory that you find most of these Geocaches in sequence.
We recommend that you bring:
Rules when looking for Geocaches:
- Remember the Outdoor Code
- Cache In / Trash Out
- Respect the MNCPPC Park Property
- Respect the adjacent property of local residents
- Stay on the trails when navigating from one waypoint to another
- Do not disturb trees and brush as you seek a Geocache
Rules when you’ve found a Geocache:
You may come back at anytime to continue your Trail to Eagle
- Please log your find in the log book
- Take a bead, you’ll need it to find a future Geocache
- If you take extra beads let us know
- Let us know if beads are running low so we can replenish them
- Leave any instructions or clues, as others may need them
- Log your find on the www.geocaching.com website
- You may trade items in the Geocache of equal value.
- You will be collecting Beads and translations of Letters to Numbers to help find a future Geocache.
- The posted coordinates take you to a micro-cache that has a revised set of coordinates that using collected hints will take you to your final destination.
- You'll have to complete all the Geocaches in this GeoTrail:
- Troop 772 – Trail to Eagle – Scout: GC2W9W4
- Troop 772 – Trail to Eagle – Tenderfoot: GC2WA4N
- Troop 772 – Trail to Eagle – Second Class: GC2WA6B
- Troop 772 – Trail to Eagle – First Class: GC2WA77
- Troop 772 – Trail to Eagle – Star: GC2WA80
- Troop 772 – Trail to Eagle – Life: GC2WA88
- Troop 772 – Trail to Eagle – Eagle: GC2WA8F
Troop 772 - Silver Sping, MD