Superstitions: Spiders 2
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
History, Mythology, and Folklore are full of superstitions about spiders. Some of the more uncommon ones include:
- If you have a fever, swallow a spider with syrup (another old wives’ cure recipe; in theory, the spider will eat up the fever).
- A spider in a walnut shell worn around the neck will keep plagues and other bad things away.
- It is unlucky to carry a dead spider wrapped in brown paper in your shoe. (Now who would do THAT?)
- If you see a little red spider (called a money spider), it’s considered good luck.
- To see a black spider is considered bad luck (Look out!).
Hc...va cneg bs n qrnq gerr. Ybbx bhg!
Last Updated: on 11/14/2013 12:35:34 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (8:35 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum