This Cache is not at the posted coordinates!
However you will need to start at and use the posted coords to solve for the final...
When Mrs. tsigom was checking my math, she pointed out I'd come up with 11 steps without realizing it. (I hadn't been numbering them) Guess I've just got 11 on the brain...
Shouldn't really be too hard, just watch your math and Good Luck!
Final is at:
N 42 AB.FGH
W 091 KL.NOP
The posted coordinates should put you right by a pair of street signs, one on top of the other, with oddly familiar names.
Also at this intersection on the corner directly diagonal from these signs will be a short, stout, primary-colored fixture.
You will need to gather information from the signs and the fixture for the puzzle below.
Usual rules of letter to number substitution (a=1, b=2, etc.) apply except in the first step as noted.
1) Take the second letter of the street type abbreviation from the TOP sign (for example, CIR would give an I and LN would be N) and convert this to a TWO-digit number using a=01, b=02, n=14, etc.
2) Reverse the digits so a=01 becomes 10, b=02 becomes 20, n=14 becomes 41, etc. These two digits will be A and B respectively.
3) Count the number of bolts around the rim of the fixture. This will be C.
4) Take the second letter of the fixture's color and convert to a number. This will be D.
5) Look at the lettering around the rim of the fixture and you will see a city and state. If you sound out the state's abbreviation you get a number. This will be E.
6) Take the last three numbers of the posted North coordinate and add that to (((C*D) + D) *E) to get FGH
7) Count the number of letters in the street type abbreviation on the BOTTOM sign. (CIR = 3, LN = 2, etc.) This will be I.
8) Count the number of letters in the city from the rim of the fixture. This is J.
9) Add B + (I*J) to get KL
10) Add the numeric names of the two street signs to get a number
(for example, 7th Ave & 12th St = 19). This is M.
11) Take the last three numbers of the posted West coordinate and add that to (B + (D*M)) to get NOP
Final is a nature camoed container placed on city property with permission from Richard Fox at Marion Parks.
Park carefully and please do not drive down to ground zero.
Initial contents include some extra swag for early finders including an unregistered Travel Bug and a little mutli-tool.
Our first puzzle attempt so I'd appreciate any feedback, especially on D/T.
You can check your answers for this puzzle on Geochecker.com.
Congrats to Weasel on FTF!