Name: ASPGC - Final Puzzle
Cache type: Unknown
Coordinates: N 31º 58.826 W 085º 06.111
|Cache Description: This cache is hidden at LakePoint State Park as part of the Alabama State Parks Geocaching Challenge. This is the Final Puzzle of the Geocaching Challenge. In order to log a find on this cache, you will need to open the cache container and sign the log sheet. The BIG Challenge for this cache is that you must find all 22 of the state park caches first and retrieved the secret code from each. Armed with this information, you should be able to open the container and claim your find.
The cache container is a LARGE container and should be easy to find (assuming you can open it). The container should contain many trade items and should also contain the official log sheet and a certificate showing completion of the Alabama State Park GeoCaching Challenge. Follow the instructions to obtain your grand prize for completing the challenge, which is a One of a Kind Trackable GeoCoin.
There are additional prizes for the First to Find, Second to Find, and Third to Find in the container. So, be sure to grab the appropriate prize should you be in this position.
Here is a list of the other geocaches you will need to find before finding this one:
|ASPGC - Bladon Springs
||ASPGC - Blue Springs
|ASPGC - Buck's Pocket
||ASPGC - Cathedral Caverns
|ASPGC - Cheaha
||ASPGC - Chewacla
|ASPGC - Chickasaw
||ASPGC - DeSoto
|ASPGC - Florala
||ASPGC - Frank Jackson
|ASPGC - Gulf
||ASPGC - Joe Wheeler
|ASPGC - Lake Guntersville
||ASPGC - Lake Lurleen
|ASPGC - LakePoint
||ASPGC - Meaher
|ASPGC - Monte Sano
||ASPGC - Oak Mountain
|ASPGC - Paul M. Grist
||ASPGC - Rickwood Caverns
|ASPGC - Roland Cooper
||ASPGC - Wind Creek
Park Information: LakePoint State Park
This picturesque 1,220 acre park is located on the banks of 45,000 acre Lake Eufaula, otherwise known as the “Bass Capital of The World”. The park has a lodge, convention center, modern campground, vacation cabins and lakeside cottages, picnic areas, 18-hole golf course and a marina complete with launch facilities and boat slips.
For more information about LakePoint State Park, Click Here!
For information about all Alabama State Parks, Click Here!
For more information about the Alabama State Park Geocaching Challenge, Click Here!
LakePoint State Park
104 Lakepoint Dr.
Eufaula, AL 36027
Park: 7AM to Sundown
Office Hours: 8AM to 5PM
|Day Use Fee:
Alabama State Parks Geocaching Challenge
Geocaching is an outdoor adventure game similar to a treasure hunt played with a GPS device that uses satellites to find the treasures. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, take a trinket from the cache, leave something of greater or equal value in return for the next person and then share your experiences online at geocaching.com. There are over a million active geocaches around the world and a few are now located in all of the State Parks of Alabama.
This cache is part of the Alabama State Parks Geocaching Challenge. The State of Alabama has 22 State Parks and each of these parks has a cache that is part of the Geocaching Challenge. Each of these caches are regular size caches with trade items and are design to be kid friendly as well as adult friendly. There are trade items for those who enjoy the treasure hunting and digging through the loot. Also included in each of the cache is a clue or code that will be needed to access the Alabama State Park Geocaching Challenge Puzzle Cache or the final cache of this Challenge.
How to Begin the Geocaching Challenge
1. Go to Geocaching.com and create a membership if you do not have one, which is free. Easy to follow directions gets you started.
2. Look up the Alabama State Parks Geocaching Challenge locations either on Geocaching.com or at alapark.com.
3. Start your search and locate one or all caches using a hand-held GPS unit. The cache containers are regular size and creative type. There are traditional, puzzles, multi and letterbox caches. All are kid friendly and a family fun outing to find.
4. When you find a Geocaching Challenge cache, log your name and any comments on the logbook inside the cache. Take a moment to go through the treasure each cache holds. If you take something be sure to leave something for the next adventurer.
5. Each one of the caches has a clue or code that will be needed for the final puzzle cache of this challenge. They will be red, white, blue or black and a number or letter. Be sure you have these clues. If the cache is missing or the code/clue is missing; be sure to contact the staff of the park. They will be able to assist you.
6. Be sure place the cache back as found and to leave nothing but footprints.
7. If you’re quick, there is a “First-to-Find” special prize for each cache as well as the final puzzle once all others have been completed.
8. Once you have all of 22 codes, one from each of the 22 State Park Caches; then proceed to the Alabama State Parks Geocaching Challenge Puzzle. Armed with the information you will be able to open the treasure chest. Once you have signed the log, follow the instructions in the cache ang go to front desk and claim your very own Alabama State Parks Geocaching Challenge Geocoin (Trackable). The only way to get one of these coins is to complete the challenge. Enjoy your adverture.
Disclaimer to Geocachers
- As with all geocaching challenges, this challenge is not for everyone.
- Please join us in playing! All are welcome who observe and obey the rules.
- Please do not move or vandalize the container. Replace the cache like or better than you found it and when you leave, and make sure the cache is completely covered.
- Please do not remove the code or clue from the cache, this is an essential game piece for cachers accepting the geo-challenge. The real treasure is just finding the container and sharing your thoughts with everyone who finds it.
- The caches are Unique Containers; they can be opened without any tools that are not provided. Please do not pry, force, or attempt to pull apart the cache trying to open it. Use your brain and not your brawn.