This cache has been placed with permission and can only be accessed when the Oregon Zoo is open (see "Related Web Page" link for rates and hours). You are looking for a very easy to find locked 30 caliber ammo can.
We hope you are enjoying your visit to the Oregon Zoo. Have you ever thought about what all these animals eat? You probably don't realize it, but just down the road a few hundred feet from here is the animal kitchen where they serve up literally tons of all different kinds of food. Here is what a few of the animals in the zoo eat:
- Pygmy Goat: hay, oats & pellets.
- Cougar: Carnivorous diet and enjoy enrichment and training treats such as fish, mice, bones, hides and even whole carcasses on occasion.
- Polar Bear: Omnivore chow, fish (trout), carrots, apples, steelhead, bones, & vitamin oil.
- Asian Elephant: Fresh produce, hay, oats and enrichment treats like seasonal veggies and plant clippings.
- Humboldt Penguin: Smelt or herring injected with vitamins.
If you want to find out more about the animals' diets, click here
To open lock: 1) turn right 3 times and stop at the 1st number; 2) turn left one full turn passing the 1st number to stop at 2nd number; 3) turn right and stop at the thrid number. All caches are family friendly and should contain family friendly swag.
- Cache owners appreciate when finders provide logs about their adventures (or misadventures). Nothing more than TFTC makes us frown.
- Please log DNFs and information about the cache's condition. It helps owners decide when to check on their cache.