the depot in 1912 before the name was changed to "Adams"
The depot for the new train station in Adams was located a few hundred feet south of here on what is now Wisconsin River Co-op land. While you can pretty much stand on the spot where the building once was, the depot itself burned down in 1966, and since passenger service was no longer available to and from Adams, it wasn’t rebuilt
But before that sad time...
The building that was erected here in 1912 originally had the name “Friendship” highlighting its roof line because that was the little community about a mile to the north. When Friendship did not expand to its south, the booming area closer to the tracks incorporated as Adams in 1913, and the sign on the depot was soon changed to reflect this
For fifty years people would arrive and depart from this location as they traveled to and from Minneapolis, Chicago, and other places near and far. Even people bound for the Wisconsin Dells would disembark here because the line running through the Dells did not have a station there. The resorts would run buses to and from the train station in Adams to pick up and drop off visitors. All that ended in 1963 when the Chicago and Northwestern line discontinued passenger service to Adams.