In Illinois, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This Series is dedicated to NASA's APOLLO Project and everyone involved with the project.
Planning for lunar manned missions began in 1957 and was formally named APOLLO in 1960.
The Goals of the project were:
1. To land American explorers on the moon and return them to Earth safely.
2. To establish the technology required to meet other national interests in space.
3. To achieve for the United States, preeminence in space.
4. To carry out a program of scientific exploration of the Moon.
5. To develop man's capacity to work in the lunar environment.
The program laid the groundwork for SkyLab and the International Space Station.
Congrats to rbc123 for the FTF
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 12/28/2013 2:10:30 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (10:10 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum