To discover the actual location of the cache:
- Solve the Cache Math 101 problems below (numbered 1. through 8.).
- Locate any required formulas you might need by grabbing any math book you can lay your hands on, utilizing the internet, or by just asking a kid!
- Take the answers you calculated for A, B, C, D, E, F, WX, and YZ and substitute them into the formula at the bottom of this cache description to get the actual coordinates of the cache.
The cache can be found at: N 41 WX.ABC , W 90 YZ.DEF
- In a right triangle, ‘side 1’ is 3 meters long and ‘side 2’ is 4 meters long. How long is the hypotenuse? = A
- What is the number 32? = F
- What is ((34) / 10)? (drop the decimals) = D
- If the SURFACE AREA of a CUBE is 384 square centimeters, what is the length of one side? = B
- In an ISOSCELES triangle, one angle is 112 degrees. How many degrees is one of the other angles? = WX
- What is the VOLUME of a CONE whose height is 2 meters and radius is 3.95 meters (drop the decimals) = YZ
- And here’s an easy one…. What number is opposite a 3 on one single die/dice? = E
- Now for a little algebra… C = (YZ ÷ D) + [(WX - E) ÷ A - (B - A)] (insert your answers from #1 through #7 above, then solve for C)
(insert your calculated A, B, C, D, E, F, WX, and YZ in the formula)
You can check your answers for this puzzle on GeoChecker.com.
The cache is a log only, so please bring a pen or pencil.
*** Congrats to drjrm1 on the FTF