GeoTour: You'll Love the Lakefront
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Welcome to the beautiful shore of Lake Michigan and Veterans Park, one of the most popular gold medal Milwaukee County Parks! Veterans Park is home to Milwaukee’s Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Read the plaque to learn about the significance of each pillar and column.
Meet the neighborhood!
To the EAST, you’ll see the waters of Lake Michigan. To the NORTH is the Veterans Park Lagoon. Past that you’ll find the McKinley Marina and Bradford Beach. On the WEST side of Lincoln Memorial Drive is a section of the Oak Leaf Trail and a glimpse of Milwaukee’s great skyline! Directly SOUTH from the Vietnam Veterans Memorial are some popular local landmarks including:
TO FIND YOUR CACHE, decode the riddle below.
- Daniel Hoan Memorial Bridge – the best view of the skyline as you head into the city
- Discovery World – a hands-on science and industry museum featuring interactive technology exhibits, an aquarium and Milwaukee’s three-masted schooner, the Denis Sullivan
- Milwaukee Art Museum – The museum’s soaring, moveable “wings” open at 10 a.m., “flap” at noon and close at 5 p.m.
- Milwaukee County War Memorial Center – a testament to those whose dedication to our country cost them the supreme sacrifice
PASSPORT CHALLENGE: If you are completing our passport (download at www.visitmilwaukee.org/geocache), decode and write down this word using the plaque at the southern point of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Each number corresponds to a line of text, including the title.
Want to explore more of the neighborhood? Head north around the lagoon on the path and fly a kite at Gift of Wings!
- 5th line, 2nd word, 3rd letter
- 7th line, 4th word, 2nd letter
- 18th line, 1st word, last letter
- 11th line, 4th word, 3rd letter
- 3rd line, last letter of word
- 6th line, 3rd word, 4th letter
- 10th line, first letter
- 7th line, 3rd word, third letter
- 1st line, 5th letter
- 14th line, 4th word, 1st letter
NOTE: VISIT Milwaukee received permission from the Milwaukee County Parks to place this cache. Permit #270
Ybbx va oehfu ol yntbba
Last Updated: on 3/19/2015 12:48:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time (7:48 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum