Living Skies 2014 (WestCan4)
Saturday, July 19, 2014
In Saskatchewan, Canada
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Welcome to Living Skies 2014! Join us on July 19, 2014 and experience Saskatchewan like you’ve never known. It’s not just the flat, boring prairie we’re famous for. Enjoy a warm welcome, incredible caching trails, rich history and beautiful scenery. We’ll bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
What can you expect?
- Comfortable accommodations
- Great food
- Geocaching trails in cooperation with TransCanada Trails
- Fun for your dog
- Activities for kids
- Freebies and seminars
- Exciting satellite events
- Coin event
- Much, much more as we continue to plan this great event!
Check back often for updates and exciting news.
For more in depth information about the main event, satellite events, hotel reservations, registration and more, please visit the Official Website from the link above. Post your "Will Attend" on this page, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook. This way you’ll be kept informed of updates and be among the first to register officially. You can also watch this page for updates.
We are looking forward to seeing you at Living Skies 2014, the "must-attend" event of the year.
We are excited and thrilled to announce that as of Feb 21, 2014 Living Skies 2014 has officially achieved “Mega Event” status! Thanks to all who helped spread the word about the event, and we look forward to seeing you in July! Much more exciting news to come. For more information about this, and other news and announcements, visit the website at www.livingskies2014.ca.
Tentative Event Schedule: (times subject to updates)
Thu. July 17, 2014
- Hiking Satellite Event
- Hepburn Museum of Wheat Satellite Event
Fri. July 18,2014
- Canoeing Satellite Event
- Batoche National Historic Site Satellite Event
- Possible Geo Dog Satellite Event
- 16:00 – Pre-registration Event
- Get your name tags, lanyards, swag bags, and other pre-paid merchandise such as event coins, t-shirts, and supper tickets. Canteen open for supper.
Sat. July 19, 2014
- 10:00 – Living Skies 2014 Mega Event and Mega Mall opens! Registration open, and event Day Activities, including:
- Sign the official log book
- Meet mascots
- Browse the Mega Mall
- Kids GeoZone – face painters, bouncy castle, geocaching related crafts and activities
- Seminars such as ‘creative cache hides’, panel discussions, and geocaching 101
- GPS and geocaching games and challenges
- Trackable exchange table
- Geo bingo
- Draws for prizes
- 17:00 – Supper
- 18:00 – Live entertainment
- 21:00 – Geocoin Satellite Event
Sun. July 20, 2014
- 09:00 – Pancake breakfast Satellite Event
- CITO Event
New Geocache Placement Plans:
Many new caches placed a month prior to the Mega will be available for finding, as well as a geotrail in the South of the province. Power trails, legacy caches, and many more will be published close to the event.
There will also be many new geocaches in the area from Saskatoon's annual SCAR event a month before Living Skies in June.
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 3/3/2014 5:10:40 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (1:10 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum