Can You Spell G.E.O.C.A.C.H.I.N.G Challenge
In Iowa, United States
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Can You Spell G.E.O.C.A.C.H.I.N.G.? (Challenge)
This is a non-traditional variation of a spelling challenge cache . I thought it would be a fun challenge to find 10 non-traditional cache types as there are currently only 17 different non-traditional types and 8 of those are fairly rare:
Cache In Trash Out Event
GPS Adventures Exhibit
Groundspeak Block Party
Groundspeak Lost and Found Celebration
Locationless (Reverse) Cache
Lost and Found Event Cache
Project APE Cache
To complete this challenge, you must find and log 1 non-traditional cache that begins with each letter of the word 'GEOCACHING'. All cache types except 'traditional' caches count for this challenge - you just cannot use more than 1 cache type in your spelling of GEOCACHING. (Please list the 10 qualifying caches in your found log and list the cache name, GC code and the date you found the cache.)
#1 Please hide the cache back in the same way you found it.
#2 The caches can be found before or after the publication date of this challenge. (That means you might already have everything you need)
#3 If the cache begins with punctuation, ignore it and use the first letter of the cache name.
#4 You need to find a non-traditional cache type for each letter in the word 'GEOCACHING'. This means you need two 'G' and two 'C' caches. You will need 10 caches total and no duplicates in cache types.
#5 If the cache name starts with the letter 'A', it qualifies as an A. If the cache name starts with 'The', it qualifies as a T.
The difficulty / terrain for the actual cache is 1.5 / 1.5. The posted D/T is representative of what it takes to accomplish the challenge.
1. G - Geocoinfest U.S. 2011 (GC2G6QR) - MEGA EVENT
2. E - Edison House (GCD008) - VIRTUAL
3. O - O.T.F. (GC2WEC6) - MULTI-CACHE
4. C - Center City Webcam,GSO (GCMDJB) - WEBCAM CACHE
5. A - "Adopt A Street" CITO with the GCGC (May 2011) (GC2T92C) - CITO EVENT
6. C - Chum's Great Escape (GC1Q82D) - LETTERBOX HYBRID
7. H - Hill's Iron Mines (GC1HGBX) - EARTHCACHE
8. I - International House of Geocaching? (GC31JE7) - EVENT
9. N - North Carolina Streakers (A Century Challenge) (GC2226D) - UNKNOWN
10. G - GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit-Adventure Science Ctr. (GC2MYM0) - GPS ADVENTURES EXHIBIT
partition crossing point - but please take extreme care
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 8/23/2014 1:37:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time (8:37 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum