This location is a Wisconsin Century Farm. The quilt pattern was chosen because Chris Robertson is a retired carpenter and his great grandfather was a carpenter who rebuilt buildings after the Great Chicago fire and also helped build the Sturgeon Bay shipping canal.
This cache will bring you to a viewing location for one of the Barn Quilts of Door County. The quilt is one of 45 placed in Door County between 2010-2012 as a joint project of the UW-Extension, 4-H members and leaders, FFA members and alumni, local quilt guild members and other volunteers.
The goals of the Door County Barn Quilt Project are:
- Promote the agricultural heritage of Door Co.
- Provide education about the art and history of quilting
- Highlight the architecture and historical significance of barns throughout Door Co.
- Encourage economic development by promoting rural tourism
- Build an adult-youth partnership through the implementation of the project
More information on the project can be seen at http://barnquiltsofdoorcounty.com
Please tread lightly as you search out the cache. CITO and BYOP. Feel free to post pictures of the barn quilt, but please don’t give away the cache location or container.