The seventh annual MGS Holiday Swap will be held at the Arbutus Community Association Town Hall on Saturday, December 7th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
- Registration and Potluck Lunch/Dinner - 1:00
- The Games Begin - 2:00
WHAT TO BRING
- Yourself, Family, and Geocaching friends.
- Food for a potluck dinner, please post what you will bring with your attend log or separate note.
- A wrapped gift for the Holiday Swap (Optional).
- TB's and Coins to trade and discover.
- If you wish to participate - the Meets theme is Geocaching!
- Gifts should be valued around $10.00 to $15.00
- Gifts should be wrapped or in an envelope before arriving at the meet. Gift bags are OK as long as the wrapped item is inside.
- As guests arrive the gifts will be placed in an area where few people can see who brought which gift. All efforts will be made to conceal who brought which gift.
- Each guest participating will draw a number when they enter and retain the slip of paper.
- On the first turn the guest with slip #1 will choose a gift and open it for all to admire.
- On the second turn the guest with the #2 gets the choice of choosing a wrapped gift or "stealing" an unwrapped gift (#1's) gift. If #2 steals #1's gift then #1 will unwrap another gift.
- On the third turn the guest with #3 may steal any unwrapped gift or choose a wrapped one.
THE GAME CONTINUES AS FOLLOWS
- If a gift is stolen from you, you may steal a gift (within the prescribed limits) or open a wrapped gift.
- The turn proceeds until a wrapped gift is chosen.
- Once a gift is stolen from a guest, that guest may not steal it back later.
- Once a gift has been stolen 2 times it is declared "dead" and may not be stolen again.
- "Owners" of "live" gifts must keep them visible and display them when requested.
- The gift exchange continues until the last wrapped gift is opened. Guests are encouraged to perpetuate the gift stealing as long as there are "live" gifts but no one is obligated to do so.
So join us in December for Good Friends, Good Food and Good Fun.