The event basics:
Saturday, April 5, 2014
8 am - Noon
At Lakeside Nature Center
4701 E. Gregory Blvd., KCMO 64132
What You Should Know:
• They will serve donuts, coffee and juice in the morning.
• At noon, they will serve lunch.
• All tools are furnished.
• You should dress for working outside in dirty, possibly muddy, conditions. (Perfect for geocachers!)
• Closed-toe shoes are absolutely necessary for your safety and required.
• Insect repellant is suggested.
• Bring a reusable drinking water container. They will supply the drinking water.
Experience the wild world of nature in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri. Lakeside Nature Center, located in Swope Park, at 4701 East Gregory Blvd, exhibits wildlife native to the area, offers educational programs, coordinates community conservation projects, and is one of Missouri’s largest wildlife rehabilitation facilities.
Lakeside Nature Center is an incredible place to enjoy learning about local native wildlife, including birds of prey, snakes, amphibians, turtles, fish, and invertebrates. Whether you wish to explore the exhibits on your own, or sign up for a wildlife program, your visit is certain to be enjoyable.