This is a new version of an Intercache. You will need a smart phone with the ability to access the internet using a standard browser. Oh, and at least 6 other friends (for a total of 7) with smart phones (I have decided to keep the total number of people needed at 7 all year).
Ever hear of seeing how many people you can stuff into a phone booth? Or a VW bug? This will be similar, but a heck of a lot less intimate.
Many of you have been to a flash mob event. You all get there at a certain time, sign the log, and leave a few minutes later. This is the same idea - get 7 people at a specified location at the same time (all using smart phones), and then the coordinates for the cache are revealed.
Posted coordinates are at a location that may require special equipment to arrive at.
- Go to the posted coordinates
- Open http://www.chilehead.us/mob on your phone.
- Verify that the accuracy displayed is reasonable (hopefully less than 40 feet or so.)
- When prompted, enter the number 1058
- This will open a screen that will navigate you to the "mob" coords
- You may already be at the mob coords, if you're not, it's a short walk or paddle from the posted coords
- Once the website verifies you are at the location, the counter bumps up.
- When the counter reaches the required mob size, coordinates for the cache are revealed
- Enter the coords into your GPS right away! If people leave the mob area, the page you are looking at may not show the coords anymore (it takes a minute.)
- Please preserve the spirit of this GeoMob by not disclosing the coordinates of the Final location to those who do not meet as a group as intended. Thanks.
You'll need your GPS to navigate to the cache, as there is no associated web app yet.
Text and image used with permission.
Have Fun, Be Safe, and BYOBoat.
Grey Wolf's Stamp of Approval.