Event Location: Dinosaur Valley State Park
Campground Entry Fee: Adult $7 unless you have a Park Pass
Event Dates: Saturday, September 13, 2014
More details to follow, there are limited camping locations at Dinosaur Valley State Park, please make sure you reserve your spot early! There are hotels in the nearby town of Glen Rose.
|7:00 PM - 9:15 PM
||Kampout Karaoke, Dino Style ( GC59Q9P )
|10:00 AM - Noon
||Geocaching Family Field Day Events – There will be several fun events for the whole family such as:
- 3-legged dash for cache
- Find the Log
- Bison Toss
- Ammo Can Swag Fill
- Junk in the Trunk
- Elephant March
Cards will be given for each participant to get punched for each event completed. Turn these in for a chance at door prizes.
Make up cache containers to swap with other cachers!
For each container brought, you will be given a ticket, then when the cache "store" opens you can trade your ticket for any container there of like size, details will be there at the location. (including your own if you don't like what else is there)
|Noon - 2:00 PM
||Potluck Luncheon/Lunch on Own/Geocaching-Join us for a potluck luncheon, hot dogs will be provided. Bring a side dish, chips, or desert to share. You may also choose to relax and eat at your campsite or head into Glen Rose for lunch.
|2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
||Announcements/Door Prizes/Roundup Wrap up
|3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
||World of Fossils/Dino Hike-This is a behind the scenes tour given by a park ranger. This begins at Track Site #2 and is about a quarter mile hike in all. This is in the time slot of 3-5, but is not a 2 hour tour. She might need to split it up into a couple of groups depending on the interest.
|5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
||Campsite Decoration Judging-If you are camping in the main camping area, you are invited to participate in the campsite decorating contest. Decorate using the theme “Bedrock!” Have your site completed by 5 so that the judges can come by and have a look. A sign-up sheet will be found at the amphitheater during the Roundup.
When it gets dark, meet at the amphitheater for a movie. Bring your own snacks and drinks and enjoy “Walking With Dinosaurs.”
|9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
||CITO - Sauropod Sunday ( GC59PAF )
Event Registration and Store has closed, your still more than welcome to come to the event without registering, all people are welcome! There will be some coins and pathtags available at the event.
- Pets are allowed, but must be on a leash at all times.
- Due to heavy rains, snakes are very active and numerous in several parts of the park. The amphitheater area stays mowed and is relatively snake-free.
- Bring chairs for hanging out. There is seating at the amphitheater; however, it is not shaded.
- At times the dinosaur tracks are not visible due to rain.
- Friday night, there will be an informal meet and greet. Preorders will be available to pick up, and it is rumored that there will be karaoke! (Preorders can be picked up Saturday during the event also.)
- This page will be edited to include any new developments!
- The park store is well stocked with souvenirs! They have a state park pathtag!
Find the TXGA on Facebook