Everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Bring your muggle friends, too!
GONIL will provide…
- We'll be socializing, grilling, and caching from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Bring food and your favorite geocaching stories to share.
- Don't forget your GPS so you can spend some time caching, since we plan to place a good number new caches in the area.
POTLUCK! Because Variety is the Spice of Picnic:
- New caches to find
- Hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, and the fixin’s to go along with those
- Napkins, plates, forks, knives, etc.
- If you want to bring a specific item for the grill, feel free to bring it! We will find room on the grill. (e.g. We're vegetarian friendly!)
Please bring a dish/beverage to share according to the first letter of your real last name
using the following list:
- A-D bring chips and dips
- E-L bring sides (salads, finger snacks, etc.)
- M-Q bring beverages - if you have a cooler with ice that would help as well (soda, water, juice boxes, etc.)
- R-Z bring a dessert
- Use this as a guideline. If you make a dish that you know folks will love then bring that. Feel free to post a note as to what you are bringing.
- Tables, Chairs, Picnic Blankets
- Pop up canopies or shelters for shade (or in case it rains)
- Bunker Hill Forest Preserve (on the edge of Chicago and Niles)
Woohoo, Fun! Some details on the schedule of events:
- Alcohol is allowed, but no glass bottles. So transfer containers, or bring cans. General guideline with adult beverages is don't be dumb and enjoy responsibly.
- GeoPets are welcomed, but please keep them on leash.
- Fires must be built only in grills (not provided).
- Trash must be placed in containers (provided).
- Bunker Hill closes at dusk.
Got an idea for other fun events or things to do? Email PandaChic at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11:30-2pm: Split the Pot Raffle - Dolla dolla billz y'all! Volunteers will be wandering around during the event selling chances to “split the pot” with GONIL. There will be raffle “pots” going for $1, $5, and $10. For example, if the $10 pot sells 50 tickets, you could be looking at $250 coming to you. Not bad!
- 11:30-2pm: 2014 Travel Bug Race - The dedicated Wascozookeeper is coordinating this year’s Travel Bug Race. We'll have more details on how to enter closer to the event. We will have travel tags available for last-minute sale at the merchandise tent, but please purchase and prepare your travel bug in in advance if at all possible!
- 12pm: Food is served - The grill will start churning out food around noon. As mentioned before, we'll provide the hot dogs and burgers, but if you'd like other options, we'll find grill space for you.
- 12:30-2:30: Facepainting with Kerri Stockton - Kerri will be bringing her facepainting supplies out and painting the afternoon away. Whether you want a starburst or GC logo or your cache name on your cheek, she's got you covered
- 1:30-2:00: Ammo Can Toss - Who can toss the ammo can the furthest? We'll have both a big ammo can and a 21st century ammo can so you can choose which one you think you can toss furthest. Furthest toss wins the can!
- 2:00-3:00: Kids activities! - Fun and games for MiniCachers. Please do plan to stay with your kids while they play.