Everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Bring your muggle friends, too!
GONIL will provide…
- We'll be socializing, grilling, and caching from 10am to 5pm.
- Bring food and your favorite geocaching stories to share.
- Don't forget your GPS so you can spend some time caching, since we plan to place a good number new caches in the area.
POTLUCK! Because Variety is the Spice of Picnic:
- New caches to find
- Hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, and the fixin’s to go along with those
- Napkins, plates, forks, knives, etc.
- If you want to bring a specific item for the grill, feel free to bring it! We will find room on the grill. (e.g. We're vegetarian friendly!)
Please bring a dish/beverage to share according to the first letter of your real last name
using the following list:
- A-D bring chips and dips
- E-L bring sides (salads, finger snacks, etc.)
- M-Q bring beverages - if you have a cooler with ice that would help as well (soda, water, juice boxes, etc.)
- R-Z bring a dessert
- Use this as a guideline. If you make a dish that you know folks will love then bring that. Feel free to post a note as to what you are bringing.
- Tables, Chairs, Picnic Blankets
- Pop up canopies or shelters for shade (or in case it rains)
- Bunker Hill Forest Preserve (on the edge of Chicago and Niles)
Woohoo, Fun! Some details on the schedule of events:
- Alcohol is allowed, but no glass bottles. So transfer containers, or bring cans. General guideline with adult beverages is don't be dumb and enjoy responsibly.
- GeoPets are welcomed, but please keep them on leash.
- Fires must be built only in grills (not provided).
- Trash must be placed in containers (provided).
- Bunker Hill closes at dusk.
More events TBD closer to the event. Got an idea? Email PandaChic at email@example.com
- Split the Pot Raffle - Dolla dolla billz y'all! Volunteers will be wandering around during the event selling chances to “split the pot” with GONIL. There will be raffle “pots” going for $1, $5, and $10. For example, if the $10 pot sells 50 tickets, you could be looking at $250 coming to you. Not bad!
- 2014 Travel Bug Race - The dedicated Wascozookeeper is coordinating this year’s Travel Bug Race. We'll have more details on how to enter closer to the event. We will have travel tags available for last-minute sale at the merchandise tent, but please purchase and prepare your travel bug in in advance if at all possible!