Geocaching 101 & 201 at Red Rock Lake
Saturday, October 04, 2014
In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Geocaching 101 & 201 at Red Rock Lake!___ ___
This Event will consist of two 50 minute presentations
The first presentation will be "Geocaching 101" (Basics of Geocaching and what Geocaching is).
The second presentation will be "Geocaching 201" (The proper way to place a Cache and some things to consider when placing a Cache).
Red Rock Lake
1105 North Highway T15 Knoxville, IA
Saturday, 4 October 2014
1:00pm - 1:50pm: Geocaching 101
2:00pm - 2:50pm: Geocaching 201
- Geocaching 101 - Geocaching Introduction
(1:00pm - 1:50pm)
- An Introduction to Geocaching
- What is Geocaching?
- Who Geocaches?
- What do you need to go Geocaching?
- Where to find Geocaches
- Why do over 6 million people worldwide participate in Geocaching?
- When can you find a Geocache?
- What does a Geocache look like?
- What's in a Geocache? / & Trackables
- Types of Geocaches
- Who hides Geocaches?
- Getting started with Geocaching.com
- What to do when you find a Geocache?
- Tips for your First Geocaching Outing
- History of Geocaching
- Global Positioning System (GPS) Basics
- What is a GPS Receiver (GPSr)?
- How does a GPS Receiver work?
How do I reserve a seat for this?:
- Geocaching 201 - Placing a Geocache
(2:00pm - 2:50pm)
- Getting (proper) permission.
- Land owner relationship.
- 528 foot rule & when it is applicable.
- Marking coordinates.
- Difficulty & Terrain Rating(s).
- Child way-points.
- Taking Summer & Winter into consideration.
- Cache containers.
- Tethering a Cache to stay in place.
- Cache Logs.
- Cache Maintenance.
- Using HTML in the Cache listing.
- Placing a Regular /Traditional Cache
- Placing a Multi-Stage Cache
- Placing an Unknown / Puzzle Cache
- Conducting / Hosting an Event
- + Book-marks - what are these good for?
You can make your reservation(s) here by submitting a "log your visit" & "will attend"
Please include the TOTAL number of people that plan on attending.
Seasoned Geocacher's are encouraged to attend this Event!
Your input is welcome!!!
This Event was requested by Tracy Spry,
Lake Red Rock Project Ranger,
US Army Corps of Engineers
Ubcr gb frr lbh gurer!
Last Updated: on 8/13/2014 8:50:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time (3:50 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum