9th Anniversary of CITO in MN (available ANY day)
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
In Minnesota, United States
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Not at posted coordinates.
This is a "take something, leave nothing" cache.
Please note this cache is not a regular event where we are all together. Each person or geocaching group chooses their own area and day to do CITO.
Please take appropriate cautions such as wearing blaze orange if you are near a hunting area.
The rules of this cache are:
- Find a place anywhere in Minnesota that is in some need of cleaning up. This can be a public park, a trail, a road, or a cache site.
Clean up the area for at minimum half an hour or half a mile of trail.
If there is not enough trash at one area, combine 2 or 3 areas
- Post the coordinates of your clean up effort or include the name of the park, street or cache area in your log. Report the time you spent there.
- Post a description of your activity and who was involved if you were in a group. If you have a digital camera, post photos of the area and/or your found items.
- ** If you encounter an area that needs extra efforts and extra hands please consider hosting a CITO event there.
- Since this is an event cache, choose "attended" or "found it" to receive cache credit.
I allow one “find” per cacher every month.
If you do CITO and don’t want to add to your stats – choose “post a note” instead.
- Keep posting what you do on this page – it is important to maintain an environmentally friendly image to our sport and do everything we can to keep our parks and cache sites nice.
- EVERY DAY IS CITO DAY!!!!
This cache was featured on the
"Environmental Journal" TV Show.
This cache was started in September 2002 from a grassroots effort that was being made for the hobby of geocaching to have a positive presence in Minnesota parks and in the Minnesota media. Take time to browse through the logs and photos for more about the history of this cache and all the great CITO efforts people have done.
** This cache is a locationless cache that was approved in 2002 by special permission of Groundspeak. Caches like this are no longer being approved. The reason this cache is still alive and active is because it is grandfathered under the old guidelines.
Local CITO Milestones:
(if I missed noting your milestone, let me know and you will be added)
- September 13, 2002, King Boreas CITOs as his 100th cache hide
- February 22, 2004, RJ CITOs his 300th find
- March 14, 2004, Arcticabn CITOs his 300th find
- May 23, 2004, RJ CITOs his 1000th find
- June 15, 2004, TwentySeven CITOs his 100th find
- March 30, 2006, nature_nerd CITOs his 50th find
- November 20, 2006, zoejam72 CITOs their 3000th find
- January 4, 2007, TheCollector CITO's his 50th find
- January 7, 2007, DeltaMikeAlpha CITOs his 700th find
- July 4, 2007, ArcherDragoon CITOs his 1200th find
- July 14, 2007, Former Hawkeye CITOs his 500th find
- November 26, 2007, minnesotafox CITOs his 50th find
- January 13, 2008, minnflyer CITOs his 500th find
- February 17, 2008, wylbur CITOs his 100th find
- February 17, 2008, tylerdurden32 CITOs his 100th find
- February 21, 2008, Ramsey63 CITOs his 1500th find
- June 15, 2008, October 18, 2008 m&m O CITOs their 100th & 200th finds
- September 21, 2009, maznroll CITOs his 400th find
- December 6, 2009, jstfindit CITOs his 100th find
- December 7, 2009, blueirocguy CITOs his 2000th find
[CITO coin info is gone.... Even if you saw the coins in person at an event you can't log them anyway, a groundspeak volunteer has locked the coins. Sorry folks]
Last Updated: on 11/8/2014 7:44:30 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (3:44 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum