CITO in MN (available ANY day)
Sunday, September 01, 2002
In Minnesota, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Not at posted coordinates.
This is a "take something, leave nothing" cache.
Please note this cache is not a regular event where we are all together. Each person or geocaching group chooses their own area and day to do CITO.
Please take appropriate cautions such as wearing blaze orange if you are near a hunting area.
The rules of this cache are:
- Find a place anywhere in Minnesota that is in some need of cleaning up. This can be a public park, a trail, a road, or a cache site.
Clean up the area for at minimum half an hour or half a mile of trail.
If there is not enough trash at one area, combine 2 or 3 areas
- Post the coordinates of your clean up effort or include the name of the park, street or cache area in your log. Report the time you spent there.
- Post a description of your activity and who was involved if you were in a group. If you have a digital camera, post photos of the area and/or your found items.
- ** If you encounter an area that needs extra efforts and extra hands please consider hosting a CITO event there.
- Since this is an event cache, choose "attended" or "found it" to receive cache credit.
I allow one “find” per cacher every month.
If you do CITO and don’t want to add to your stats – choose “post a note” instead.
- Keep posting what you do on this page – it is important to maintain an environmentally friendly image to our sport and do everything we can to keep our parks and cache sites nice.
- EVERY DAY IS CITO DAY!!!!
This cache was featured on the
"Environmental Journal" TV Show.
This cache was started in September 2002 from a grassroots effort that was being made for the hobby of geocaching to have a positive presence in Minnesota parks and in the Minnesota media. Take time to browse through the logs and photos for more about the history of this cache and all the great CITO efforts people have done.
** This cache is a locationless cache that was approved in 2002 by special permission of Groundspeak. Caches like this are no longer being approved. The reason this cache is still alive and active is because it is grandfathered under the old guidelines.
[CITO coin info is gone.... Even if you saw the coins in person at an event you can't log them anyway, a groundspeak volunteer has locked the coins. Sorry folks]
Last Updated: on 7/5/2015 10:15:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time (5:15 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum