In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This is a three part adventure. The first waypoint will give you the coords for the second, the second will give you the coords for the cache. The terrain is hilly in spots but not too difficult, unless you go x-country, of course. See if you can solve this one without the spoiler.
I don't know if this concept has been tried yet, but I hope it works and is enjoyed by the folks 'round these parts. We are calling this the "Collectables Cache" and our hope is that people will bring moderately valuable and/or rare items to trade for whatever may be in the cache, at the time, that interests them. We are starting with some great booty! There's a little something for everyone (see the photo).
- For the Beanie Baby collectors there is a set of three Ty Beanie Babies commemorating the '96 presidential election.
- For the music collector, a Rush "Time Stands Still" promotional CD that was available only to radio stations and is marked "not for sale".
- For the trading card collectors there is a set of 1994 "Lady Death" Cards (the original run) including a Steven Hughs chase card.
- For rock collectors, young and old, there are two Brown Rim geodes, one cut and polished and one unbroken and raw.
- Foreign money collectors will find a Quinientos Intis Peruvian bank note in mint condition.
- One 1998 United States proof set for coin collectors!
- a 22k gold 1995 commemorative postage stamp.
- For comic collectors there is a September '92 30th anniversary Spider-Man comic book in perfect condition.
- Art lovers will find a R.R.Doornek original print entitled "The White House" and numbered 85/100.
Also included is a log book that we hope you can stop swatting mosquitoes long enough to sign and a couple of pens and pencils to use. We forgot to buy a camera, but if someone drops one in I promise to develope any shots and post them here.
As you can see, all of these items are worthy of a place in someones collection. All we ask is if you take something, please replace it with another item of similar value and/or rarity for the next hunter. And, above all, have fun!
Here is the first hint for the die-hards who don't decrypt: When you get to the Stone Elephant and meditate upon it's journey through space and time to end up in this unlikely place, you may be sitting on your next clue.
See you in the woods!
Ng gur svefg jnlcbvag; Ybbx haqre gur orapu.
Ng gur frpbaq jnlcbvag; Ybbx sbe n gerr jvgu znal gehaxf naq ernpu va sbe gur arkg pbbeqf. Cyrnfr yrnir gurz gurer sbe gur arkg uhagre!
- The Booty!Here is a shot of the original contents of the "Collectables Cache"
Last Updated: on 12/4/2014 3:02:35 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:02 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum