Wilbur's Wildcat Webcam
In Arizona, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A webcam cache on the campus of the University of Arizona.
How to get credit for this webcam cache:
- You will need your GPS, a partner at his/her computer with an internet connection, and a cell phone or a set time that you will be at the cache site.
- Go to the coordinates posted at the top of the page. They will get you to the general vicinity of the webcam, but they are not the exact coordinates for where to stand.
- Call your friend and have them go to http://www.fdc.arizona.edu/webcam/OldMain.aspx
- Have your friend direct you to the spot where you should stand for the best picture. The webcam takes a new shot every 60 or so seconds. You may have to wait a bit before it takes a picture of you.
- When your friend sees a nice shot of you, he/she will have to follow these instructions to capture the picture.
- Press ALT+Print Screen.
- Open a picture editing program, i.e. Photoshop, open a "new" document/picture and go to "paste" in the edit menu to paste the webcam picture into this program.
- Adjust the size so that you can be seen.
- Save the picture as a .jpg and then it can be uploaded.
All found logs without a webcam photo will be deleted. Please wait until you have the picture ready for upload before making a Found it! entry. The webcam is in operation from 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM MST. I do not own or control this webcam, we are just usurping it’s images for the purpose of this webcam cache. If the webcam is not working, you may substitute a photo of you taken at the cache site.
- When you log the cache, you must upload this saved photo to get credit for the cache.
- Extra credit for particularly amusing or interesting photos.
Svaqvat cnexvat jvyy or lbhe ovttrfg punyyratr.
Last Updated: on 10/13/2014 7:01:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (2:01 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum