Fort William Henry
Photo: Ye Olde Prospector
To find this cache, take Rt. 130 south from Damariscotta and follow the signs to Fort William Henry.
Part of the Colonial Pemaquid complex, Fort William Henry is a replica of a fort on this site dating from 1692. From the ramparts are wonderful views of Johns Bay and Johns Island both named for intrepid explorer John Smith. Contained within the fort are artifacts from archaeological excavations of the 17th century trading post.
Within the 8 acre site are also a 1695 burying ground and the Colonial Pemaquid Museum, which features Native American and European archaeological artifacts.
Cache is a small round tupperware container about the diameter of a CD with a blue lid. It contains nothing but army men, logbook, and a pencil.
Have fun and enjoy the history!