Welcome to North Carolina Geocache
In North Carolina, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
North Carolina Welcome Center/Rest Stop on I-95 Northbound.
This cache's theme is, obviously, North Carolina. The Welcome Center is open daily from 8-5, and if you are not familiar with the wealth of possibilities available in NC, you are strongly encouraged to go in and collect brochures and other information. The original contents of the cache are all related to some aspect of NC, but feel free to trade nonrelated items, too. We will continue to add other NC items from time to time.
- Beach scene nail file, representing the beautiful beaches of NC
- Lighthouse telephone directory, because there are several interesting and historic lighthouses along NC's coast
- Festival of Flight bumper sticker, commemorating 100 years of flight in NC
- NC shot glass
- Tar Heel state foot pin
- Tar Heel state foot bookmark
- Dogwood bookmark, because the dogwood is NC's state flower
- NC pencil
- 4 NC quarters
- Jeff Gordon trading card,
- NASCAR playing cards,
- and a NASCAR matchbox car, because NC is the birthplace of NASCAR
- Patriotic playing cards,
- Toy CH46 helicopter,
- Plastic Army man,
- and a toy paratrooper, honoring NC's proud military tradition
- NC DOT state map (available inside, too!)
- Official 2003 Festival of Flight event directory
- NC Choose & Cut Christmas tree directory.
We hid this cache in mid-December, and the briars are not too bad now, but they look like they might be in warmer months! Please rehide cache EXACTLY as you found it, and cover well. It has gone missing twice, and we hope that this new location will be better.
First Finder honors go to "the Piston_heds" of Goose Creek, SC. Congrats!
Va na byq fghzc, pbirerq jvgu yrnirf
Last Updated: on 2/21/2015 2:14:05 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (10:14 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum