Yamar to Spelunk on 2004-04-06: "If this cache is under that lamp post [again], I'm going to scream."
This series of caches is designed with at least one part of each cache being an unusual type of container or hiding device. The series is designed to make you think (sometimes a lot), hopefully laugh, and probably get annoyed. Caches show you about an area, and having multiple points to stop means you learn and see more about your surroundings. Thus, these caches always consist of multiple stages usually involving at least a virtual [with one exception]. The caches to date are:
- They eyes have it
- O where art thou
- Inverted Cache (easiest)
- Gone Fishing
- Totally Tubular
This cache is in 3 parts:
- The starting virtual: The coordinates registered for the cache will lead you to a starting place where a sign is present describing some history behind the local area. To get the coordinates for the next step, use the following equations:
- The oldest fossil remains were found X million years ago. Add X to 315 to get ABC.
- One fossilized insect had a wing span of Y inches. Add Y to 039 to get DEF.
- USE: N 38 32.ABC W 121 42.DEF
- For lack of a better description, this is an "unusual". Find the written coordinates for part 3.
My eyes are red with fury
You look, but do not see me.
I can see you though.
I designed this part of the cache over a month of thinking about the hardest way to hide a set of coordinates. To make sure that the foliage remains unharmed: the "unusual" in question is attached to a man made object. The riddle and the title of the cache will only really help you when you see it to verify you're looking at the right "unusual" but won't help you actually find the "unusual".
- The final box is a cheap safeway tuper-like container, 5x5x1. Please do not place anything large in it that pushes up on the top, as it will pop open easily. Initial contents:
Please re-hide well and make sure its not easily visible from the path.
- Log book
- A mogley (sp?) doll
- A button with "peace" in sign language on it.
Thanks go to teachermmom, hynr, and fushi for putting up with my refusal to give them very many clues till at least one person found it (since then I've added the clues below).