History's No Mystery
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Park at the public boat landing in Washburn at the end of 6th Ave. W. Take the Walking Trail.
This search will take you on a portion of Washburn's Walking Trail along Lake Superior. This part of the path is crushed rock and is handicap accessible. You will travel about 1/2 mile down this trail.
Use the historical signs along the path to answer these questions. When you have completed the questions, substitute the numbers for the letters in the coordinates to find your cache. You are looking for a black ammo box. Happy hunting!
Thistles have been seen near this cache. Use caution.
Coordinates: N46 AB.CDE W090 FG.HIJ
1. How far above the water level of Lake Superior is Washburn? _ _ feet (I and J respectively)
2. What was the population of Washburn when it was a boom town? _ _ _ _ (ABCD respectively)
3. Subtract the first and second dates on the Hines Lumber Company sign. (F)
4. What was Mr. Hines weekly wage when he was an office boy? _ dollars (G)
5. How many letters in the last word on the City Dock sign? (E)
6. How many patients could the hospital accommodate?
_ _ patients (use the second number for H)
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 9/29/2013 10:26:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time (5:26 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum