In Oregon, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This is a quick and easy cache designed to introduce you to a delightful park. It's a convenient place to take a break and stretch your legs on the way to or from the coast. This cache is wheelchair accessible and stroller friendly.
Please take a bit of time to enjoy this delightful park. It's a perfect place to stop on the way to or from the coast. There's a playground for kids, restrooms, exercise circuit, picnic tables, and more. Enjoy the memorial to Raymond Carver (famed writer of short stories and poems, born here), the Liberty Tree, and wood carvings by artist Susan Miller (who also did the carvings for the Clatskanie Library across the street and Hump's Restaurant in town).
Across the bridge is more of the park, including a boat ramp, bike/skateboard park, and a memorial to Lewis and Clark. And please take a moment to say a quiet "thank you" when you pass by the Clatskanie Veteran's Memorial.
There used to be a padlock to keep the cache contents safe but the loop for it was broken off, so please be careful replacing the cache lid.
- "Big Cat and Little Cat..." meet a fellow friendThey met a fellow friend (Cheshire Cat) at "Clatskanie Park" cache.
- Chess match.October 2006 - These two scarecrows are playing chess on the outdoor chess board across from the park. During the summer you can play chess here with 2-foot tall chess pieces.
- High water nearbyDec. 30 '05: "Hot Stuff Shiela" stopped by to visit the nearby skatepark, but high water prevented her from enjoying it. She doesn't seem too happy about it.
- Library ScarecrowOctober 2006 - Clatskanie held a food drive/scarecrow contest. Businesses and individuals set up scarecrows about town, and you could vote for your favorite by donating canned food into a scarecrow's basket. This is the Library's scarecrow.
- Mad Hatter says goodbye to ShielaDec. 30, '05: Mad Hatter throws quite a party at Clatskanie Park, even though he only serves tea. (... although you might not know it to look at him.) He enjoyed having "Hot Stuff Shiela" visit - she's quite the partying gal.
Last Updated: on 3/1/2015 8:37:23 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (4:37 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum