Quarry Creek Cache
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Located near "Quarry Park Creek," as my father calls it, this little wooded nook waits. There is nothing terribly special about the area aside from the fact that it now holds mystery of an ammo can cache. Terrain is rated a two for high weeds/brush and overall difficulty is also a two due to slight overhead cover and shifty coordinates.
This well-stocked ammo can was placed with the help of my parents who live quite nearby. Dad came along to help me hide this ammo can early in the morning. The dew was heavy and we were soaked! All in good fun though.
There are some of grapevines in the area, so depending on the time of year you attempt this cache a snack may or may not be provided. Even in the cold last winter, my mother was enjoying the sweet, shrivelled, frozen grapes.
I found this ammo can while searching for a container to paint, fill, and hide as a cache in Southern Wisconsin. I quickly snatched it up and my family scoured our home for some swag with which to fill it.
Here is a list of the original contents:
- cache note
- two pens
- red stress ball
- five individually bagged brewpub coasters
- three full size AAA maps
- a MLB guide to card collecting book
- two ginormous paper clips (one sliver and one gold)
- one Subaru carabiner
- UWSP dogtags
- Oscar Mayer Weinie Whistle
- four mini clothespins
- one die
- one white pokerchip
- GotWake? signature thermometer #1123 (visit the website on item to track it and log your find)
- Lord Likens
- Maritime Traveller Travel Bug
- Mike Wazowski Travel Bug
- Mumsie!! Travel Bug
- Smurf Archer Travel Bug
- My very first Travel Bug: "Sam's Bottle Opener" (TBM3FK)(PLEASE EMAIL ME THE TB NUMBER SO THAT I CAN PUT IT IN THIS CACHE AND LOG THE MILES)
- White Jeep Travel Bug: "Kent" (PLEASE EMAIL ME THE TB NUMBER SO THAT I CAN PUT IT IN THIS CACHE AND LOG THE MILES)
Please replace this cache and the surrounding cammo as you found it. The ammo can should not be easily visible. Snow will make this really hard, or really easy to find. It all depends on how fast you get there after a new snow. I would say it is doable in the snow, but you may need to dig slightly. Hint lowers difficulty to one star.
My parents will be maintaining this cache. I am back to Watertown several times each year for cache maintenance.
BYO: pencil just to be safe, and please post your coords if you find mine are off.
Good luck and happy caching!
cevzngvir ebpx jnyy jvfurf gb erznva vagnpg
Last Updated: on 11/4/2014 1:50:43 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (9:50 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum