The cache is at the posted coordinates but to log this cache, you must find a cache on every page of the Wisconsin DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer prior to the 2008 version.
Because of that, you will need to contact me via the cache owner link above to get clearance to log.
Please read through the entire cache description for more info and a special request.
Rules and Information
- Generally accepted rules, guidelines and conditions for logging a find apply. These must be physical caches with a container and a logbook (no virtuals, locationless, webcam, event caches, etc.) that you have personally found and logged. You may include caches found prior to the creation of the Wisconsin Challenge, even if they have since been archived, as long as they meet all other Challenge requirements.
- DeLorme Challenges in other states may allow placing a cache in a page to count. For the Wisconsin Challenge, only cache finds will count.
- If a page includes area not in Wisconsin, only caches found in the Wisconsin portion will count.
- Insets: There are five inset pages in the Wisconsin atlas. You will need to find a cache in each inset.
- If a cache is exactly on the line between pages, you may count it for one page or the other, but not both.
- The page boundaries probably stay pretty much the same from edition to edition of the atlas, but the copy held by the cache owner (9th edition) will be considered the final guide.
- You may have others with you when you find the final cache, but only those who have fulfilled ALL criteria for this cache will be allowed to log it as a Find. Any "Found it" logs by other cachers will be deleted.
- If you have any questions, please ask! I will add a FAQ to this description if common questions come in.
- Remember - this is all for fun and enjoying new parts of the state! Even after someone finds the final, the Challenge isn't over. The final will be available for everyone else who completes all the pages. Finding the final cache is just a little bonus. The real reward is discovering new areas of the state to which you've never traveled. Good luck to all!
Traveling and Logging
This is not a requirement but a request. The idea behind this cache is not the smiley, not the size of the final container, its log book, the swag within or how fast can you complete the challenge. But to get out, explore and experience new places and new things across the state.
I personally got obsessed with finishing this challenge before I took it over, in doing so I hammered through a couple of 500+ mile 1-day road trips just to get it done. I did have some good times but can only recall about 4 spots we visited and as I've made my way back to area's for other reasons realized I missed a lot of what they had to offer. While you are traveling, slow down and smell the roses as they say. Most people will never see the physical log book, so when you get done, I would appreciate you sharing a short story or two from your travels in your online log.
Strong signals and safe travels!
The Geocache Notification Form has been submitted to William H. Burshaw of the Wisconsin DNR. Geocaches placed on Wisconsin Department of Natural Resource managed lands require permission by means of a notification form. Please print out a paper copy of the notification form, fill in all required information, then submit it to the land manager. The DNR Notification form and land manager information can be obtained at: http://dnr.wi.gov/files/PDF/forms/2500/2500-118.pdf