Details for Benchmark: DV1090
N 33° 40.517 W 113° 57.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LA PAZ county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||AZcachemeister couldn't find DV1090
A careful search of the described area revealed no evidence of the mark.
The mark was apparently destroyed when the bridge was rebuilt to widen the highway.
||Bucky & McGee posted a note for DV1090
I found a mark that matches the location description at N33 40.529 W113 57.679. It was at the center of the South bridge structure, about 75 feet West of the intersecting road to the South. It is marked "Arizona Highway Dept". The only problem is that the designation doesn't match. This one is marked 1383.76, which is not listed on Geocaching.com. So, unless someone clears this up for me, I guess it's not a "find". Pics posted.
1383.76 with coords
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1932 by AZHD (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
1.0 MI W FROM BRENDA. ABOUT 1.0 MILE WEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 60-70 FROM THE BUS FLAG STOP AT BRENDA, AT THE JUNCTION OF A DIRT ROAD SOUTH, SET IN THE TOP AND CENTER OF THE SOUTH HEADWALL OF A 25 FOOT CONCRETE BRIDGE WITH 2 OPENINGS, 15 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.