Details for Benchmark: GR1878
N 36° 13.467 W 114° 58.614 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLARK county, NV View Original Datasheet
- AIRWAY BEACON USA 2
- Marker Type:
- airway beacon
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1947 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947 (FAR)
THE STATION IS A STANDARD ROTATING BEACON ON THE TOP OF THREE-LEGGED WOODEN TOWER WHICH IS ABOUT 25 FEET HIGH. THE LEGS ARE ROUND TELEGRAPH POLE MATERIAL. THE BEACON FLASHES RED ONLY AND SENDS NO CODE. THIS BEACON IS MAINTAINED BY THE U.S. ARMY.
THE AIRWAY BEACON IS ON A HIGH RUGGED MOUNTAIN ABOUT 10-1/2 MILES, AIRLINE, EAST-NORTHEAST OF LAS VEGAS AND 4-1/2 MILES EAST BY SOUTH OF THE LAS VEGAS ARMY AIRBASE.
|1/1/1951 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1951
|1/1/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (MG)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.