Details for Benchmark: OM0156
N 43° 53.583 W 088° 30.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FOND DU LAC county, WI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||glorkar found OM0156
The benchmark is located 21 feet South of center line of County Line Rd/E Lone Elm Rd, 30 feet West of Western most rail on Western most set of tracks, 3 feet Northwest of power pole number 1617 6E7, and 2.5 feet North of an orange plastic witness post.
Recovery report submitted to NGS.
[Photos:]Closeup of the Benchmark
View of location from road
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1908 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
0.5 MI N FROM VAN DYNE. ABOUT 1/2 MILE NORTH ALONG THE CHICAGO AND NORTH WESTERN RAILWAY FROM VAN DYNE, FOND DU LAC COUNTY, AT THE CROSSING OF A COUNTY-LINE ROAD, 120 FEET WEST OF THE TRACK, 17 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, AND 2.3 FEET NORTH OF THE FENCE. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD CAP, STAMPED 790 1908 AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2 INCH IRON PIPE.
|1/1/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (EC)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.