Details for Benchmark: PP2514
N 44° 59.964 W 093° 01.454 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In RAMSEY county, MN View Original Datasheet
- RAMSEY COUNTY POOR FARM TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (CAS)
THIS STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE TALL, SILVER, STEEL WATER TANK AT THE RAMSEY COUNTY POOR FARM. THE TANK HAS A ROUND BOTTOM AND CONICAL TOP AND HAS A SMALL VENTILATOR AT THE CENTER OF THE TOP. IT IS ABOUT 100 FEET HIGH AND IS NOT VERY PROMINENT. IT WAS ERECTED ABOUT 1918.
THE TANK IS ABOUT 35 FEET SOUTH OF THE HEATING PLANT AND ABOUT 50 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE MAIN BUILDING OF THE POOR FARM. THE POOR FARM IS ON THE EAST SIDE OF WHITE BEAR AVENUE AT ITS INTERSECTION WITH FROST AVENUE, AND ABOUT 1/2 MILE NORTH OF THE CITY LIMITS OF ST. PAUL NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE CITY. THE TANK IS ABOUT 225 FEET EAST OF WHITE BEAR AVENUE AND ABOUT ON LINE WITH FROST AVENUE.
THERE IS A PROMINENT RED BRICK STACK ABOUT 60 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE TANK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.