Details for Benchmark: QP1901
N 45° 28.117 W 094° 21.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In STEARNS county, MN View Original Datasheet
- ABA RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- aluminum alloy rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||msrubble found QP1901
State Highway 23 has been rerouted.
This reference mark is in front of the former Rockville Area Sportsmen's Club Pavilion.
My coordinates: N 45º 28.154 W 094º 21.082.
[i]The following has been submitted to the NGS:[/i]
IN ROCKVILLE, 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE JUNCTION OF COUNTY ROAD 8 AND COUNTY ROAD 82. THE MARK IS 85.7 FT (26.1 M) WEST-NORTHWEST OF A STOP SIGN WITH THE BADGE BN 061875C U.S. DOT-AAR, 74.9 FT (22.8 M) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE, 49.8 FT (15.2 M) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A DRIVEWAY, 36.9 FT (11.2 M) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE NORTHERN LINES RAILWAY, 35.7 FT (10.9 M) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE, 21.1 FT (6.4 M) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF ANOTHER DRIVEWAY AND 1.7 FT (0.5 M) EAST-NORTHEAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST. NOTE--THE ROD IS ENCASED IN A 6-INCH PVC PIPE. HH2 COORDINATES N45 28 09.2 W094 21 04.9.
[Photos:]ABA RM 2, Rockville, Minnesota
ABA RM 2, Rockville, Minnesota
ABA RM 2, Rockville, Minnesota
Area view. Looking north-northeast. The former Rockville Area Sportsmen's Club Pavilion in background.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1987 by MNDT (MONUMENTED)
|4/25/1988 by MNDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1988
THE MARK IS LOCATED 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) WEST ALONG TRUNK HIGHWAY 23 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH COUNTY ROAD 8 AT THE WEST EDGE OF THE TOWN OF ROCKVILLE AND IS IN THE NE 1/4 OF SECTION 17, T123N, R29W. THE MARK IS NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 23 AT MILEPOINT 194.65, 36.7 FT (11.2 M) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF AND ABOUT 1 FT (0.3 M) LOWER THAN THE NORTH RAIL OF THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN RAILROAD TRACKS, 74.8 FT (22.8 M) SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE, 51.5 FT (15.7 M) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A DRIVEWAY, 20.5 FT (6.2 M) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF ANOTHER DRIVEWAY AND 1.7 FT (0.5 M) EAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST. THE MARK, A STANDARD MNDT ALUMINUM MAGNETIC REFERENCE MARK DISK STAMPED---ABA NO 2 1987---, IS FASTENED TO THE TOP OF A 3/4 INCH DIAMETER BY 43 FOOT LONG ALUMINUM ALLOY ROD DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AND PROJECTS 0.2 FT (0.1 M) ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.