ALL gave Some, & Some gave ALL!!!
In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
NOTICE: The hours of the Cemetary's are 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM!!
NOTE: I KNOW THIS CACHE SOUNDS & LOOKS DIFFICULT, but IT REALLY ISN'T.. (It shouldn't take more than an hour).. ALL of the coords info. is IN the first stage!! (All you have to do is "PRINT" this page and "fill in the blanks)... The hardest part is putting the Coords IN your GPS, by "hand".. :-) :-)
Most of the travel is on the streets or gravel. There is some walking on grass that can be a little "un-level" in places..
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan
To get CREDIT for this cache, you WILL have to follow the instructions below. (NOTE: Write THIS info. down).
GO TO ABOVE COORDS AND FIND THE Sm. PILL BOTTLE containing ALL the coords INFO. (WRITE ALL OF THE COORDS IN THE FOLLOWING BLANKS).. Enter them into your GPS'r.. Then, "GO FOR IT"!!!
1. Harvey L. Burroughs - GO TO: 42.10.2_ _ N. X 092.02.9_ _W. WW I Vet – Note and save his Date of Birth (DOB):
2. Robert Newton - GO TO: 42.10.1_ _N. X 092.03.0_ _W. WWII Vet – Note and save his (DOB):
3. Dennis Kennedy – GO TO: 42.10.1_ _N. X 092.02.8_ _W. Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) – (Just FYI, IF you’d like to know more about the GAR, go to: (visit link) it’s short, and very interesting). ALSO, do the following:
A. Note and save his Date of Birth (DOB):
B. Note and save information of, in WHICH 2 wars he fought in:
4. Russell D. Craddock – GO TO: 42.09.6_ _N. X 092.00.6_ _W. Korean War Vet – Note and save his DOB:
5. Ronald E. Johnson – GO TO: 42.09.7_ _N. X 092.00.5_ _W. Vietnam War (KIA – Killed In Action) – Note and save his DOB:
6. Civil War Soldier Statue - GO TO: 42.09.6_ _N. X 092.00.5_ _W. Look on the Reverse (East) side & Note and save the info. inscribed there-on: (ALSO, look around, there are LOTS of (KIA) Veterans here too)…
7. Final Cache: GO TO: 42.09.8_ _N X 092.00.7_ _W. Sign log and trade the usual items.
I know this is a TOUGH cache to follow, BUT ALL these Soldiers had it REALLY TOUGH, by helping us GET and KEEP, ALL of our FREEDOMS…. (WE would also, do it ALL over AGAIN, if we were called upon to “help” our freedoms, continue to ring)….
May God Bless our Veterans: IF you can READ this, THANK your Teachers..
IF you are READING this in ENGLISH, thank a VETERAN!!
Step 1: A Small cammo. pill bottle
Step 2: Just info. (write it down)
Step 3: Just Info. (write it down)
Step 4: Just Info. (write it down)
Step 5: Just Info. (write it down)
Step 6: Just Info. (write it down)
Step 7: Just info. (write it down)
Step 8: Final cache, Cammo 3# Coffee can..
NOTE: Original Contents:
A $2.00 bill "reward" in the log, for the FTF!!!
Log Book & Pencil,
NEW Hospital Lapel Pin,
Good Sam Smiley Face Antenna Ball,
2 rubber ducks,
New radiator cap, :-)
Lots of other goodies..
#1: Ybbxvat Jrfg, ohg ABG sbe Fnagn.
#8: Shaal cynpr sbe N Cbfg? N Fghzc?? N Pnpur???
American Legion's George G. Luckey Post #57
Entrance to Vinton's Veteran's Memorial Park
IF you can read this, THANK your Teachers!!
IF you're reading this IN English, THANK a Veteran!!
Fred Pippert - USMC - Veteran, Korean War
Fred Pippert was awarded a Combat Service Ribbon AND three Purple Hearts for being Wounded In Action, in Korea. He was also a Lifetime Member of the Vinton Veteran's of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 8884 and of the American Legion Post #57.
42.09.772N X 092.00.694W
Harvey L. Burroughs, WWI War Veteran
Harvey L. Burroughs; is the Grandfather of my "Better Half" and Loving Wife, Carol...
Homer R. Ford, WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veteran
SOME "served" in more than ONE War!!!
42.10.214N X 092.03.000W
Joe L. Fowler, KIA - Vietnam
Joe L. Fowler was #TWO of THREE, Vinton Boys that were Killed In Action (KIA), IN Vietnam, May 16, 1969.
42.09.666N X 092.00.643W
Ronald E. Johnson, KIA - Vietnam
Ronald E. Johnson was # ONE of THREE, from Vinton, Iowa Killed In Action (KIA) in Vietnam, July 8, 1967.
42.09.731 X 092.00.591
The New Vinton, IA Veteran's Memorial Park
To OUR Boys 1861 - 1865
There are LOTS of Civil War Veterans IN the Evergreen Cemetary, of Vinton, Iowa. ALSO, within a few feet of this Statue, there is an area that's just for the Veterans of our Country!!
42.09.678N X 092.00.511W
Wayne G. Wutzke, KIA - Vietnam
Wayne G. Wutzke was # THREE of THREE, from Vinton, Iowa Killed In Action (KIA) in Vietnam, May 17, 1970.. N 42.10.179 X W 092.02.938
Last Updated: on 12/13/2012 2:26:14 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (10:26 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum