The KB Challenge: 365 Calendar Days
In Minnesota, United States
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Another annoying KB Challenge ...
I gave up on these for awhile, because every one I concocted, was impossible to do, or too difficult to explain. I like suggestions better. Just ask bflentje, Catzilla, Grey Wolf ... You know, the scoundrels of the Kingdom.
Anyway, it seems that there was a recent Event where Ken was talking my ear off about a Challenge. I was way too wrapped up in the Warrior Woman sitting across from me, and missed everything he said. Or something like that.
So Ken knows I read all email, and he pushed his agenda in one of his recent logs.Umm, I vaguely remember what he was talking about ...
If you like lists, lofty goals, filling in boxes, or a good challenge then this one may interest you. The cache IS at the listed coordinates BUT there is a BIG prerequisite that MUST be met before logging the find. Before you find this cache, you will need at least 365 cache finds. See below for the challenge details. Get a calendar and a marker handy ... this may take a while.
Many people are into challenges and numbers and making caching more than just logging finds so it can be fun to look for ways to take the routine out of caching.
The CacheStats program allows you to look at a calendar of all of the days that you have found a cache.
Wouldn't it be fun to fill every box!
To Qualify to find this cache you MUST have found a cache on
EVERY DAY of the YEAR!!!
- You DO NOT have to find a cache on 365 consecutive days!
- You DO have to find at least one cache on each day (Jan 1 - Dec 31) of the year.
- All PREVIOUS cache finds DO count - you DO NOT start from "0" at this point.
- You can count finds from all your years caching... 2000 to date!
- Logs that have been edited are disqualified (to discourage changing find dates).
- Generally accepted rules, guidelines and conditions for logging a cache find apply.
- These must be caches listed on Geocaching.com that you have personally (physically) found and logged.
- No logging finds on caches you own will be allowed.
- If you have others with you when you find this cache,only those who have fulfilled ALL requirements for this cache are allowed to log it as a find.
- Do NOT log a find on this cache without providing the proper proof. It will be deleted
- This cache does NOT count as find in the calendar matrix. You must find a cache each day of the year before qualifying for this cache.
- HAVE FUN...and persevere.
Please keep to these simple rules to keep things fun for everybody.
- Get the free download of the Cache Stats program
(There is also a GSAK macro(CacheADay.gsk) that will list your find count by day of the year)
- Run a MY FINDS Pocket Query.
- Import the resulting My Finds .gpx file into Cache Stats.
- Check out the All Time calendar...(see image below) in Cache Stats to see what days you have finds on and which days you have yet to fill in.
- When all boxes of the calendar are filled in...YOU ARE QUALIFIED for this find!!!
- Note: Feb 29 is not required, but you get bonus bragging points if you have all 366 days/
Example: Cache Stats Calendar screenshot
IMPORTANT: To get credit for this find (and keep your log from being deleted) you must post a picture of your CacheStats or GSAK calendar of the finds.
This should be fun and I'm counting on your good character and conscience to keep you true to the rules. I'm relying on the honor system for sticking to the rules. I will spot check the finds, but don't want to have to be the cache police on checking every find. Please "play" fair and have a good time!
I don't know if Ken is already qualified,
or if he will be FTF. Here it is; go for it!
I know Ken gets kinda wordy,
and has lots of memories about cache finds.
This location was chosen just for him. Heh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 5/17/2013 9:51:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (4:51 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum