Fantasy Geocaching Challenge: 30+ points
In Minnesota, United States
How Geocaching Works
** NOTE: The cache is at the posted coordinates, but there are special logging requirements **
Trying to combine my two favorite past times!
Past finds do count.
As fantasy football is fast approaching, I was thinking about how I could combine my two favorite past times. So, I came up with this challenge! Feel free to team up with other cachers or challenge them to see who can score the most in a day.
In order to post a smile, you must move the "ball" 30 or more yards.
For this challenge, it's all the "drafted" player, you! How were your stats today?
How can you score points (must be earned all in one day):
Caches can be ANY type.
- Points for number of cache finds: "Extra point is good" (1-point for each cache found)
- Find a 5/5: "Field Goal" (3-points for each 5/5)
- Find Trackable: "Two point conversion" (2-points for each TB)
- Cache in more than one state: "Hold defense under 5 points" (5-points for this)
- Find 25 or more caches: "Touchdown!" (6-points for finding over 25)
As an example.
On 8/26/2012 I scored 31 points by:
Finding 20 caches (20 caches x 1 point = 20 points)
Finding 3 trackables (3 TBs x 2 points = 6 points)
Cached in MN & WI (5 points)
WHEN posting, please post you final score for the day plus list the cache number or TB number in each points catagory.
As a slight twist, I added a leaderboard. I will update it periodically. Even after you've found the cache, if you want to post a note with a higher score. ;-)
Check out the other cache in the Fantasy Geocaching Challenge series:
Let the trash talking begin!
Leaderboard (updated 5/10/2013):
1. Yellowdogs with 868 points!!
2. Minnstars with 759 points!
3. Leopold22 with 550 points!
5. zuma!with 344 points!
5. comkelp with 344 points!
** FTF (congrats to): Sparkyfry**
Last Updated: on 6/16/2013 6:27:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (1:27 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum